- Memorial Construction Update
We are pleased to announce the most recent developments taking place at The American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial site.
Read our current newsletter for the full article.
- DISABLED VET MEMORIAL ON TARGET
- VFW Magazine writes about the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial in its October issue.
Read the full article in the VFW Magazine.
- PROJECT EXECUTIVE BARRY OWENBY PRESENTS MEMORIAL STATUS REPORT TO DAV NATIONAL CONVENTION IN NEW ORLEANS
- National Commander Tyson, National Adjutant Wilson, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen –It’s a privilege and an honor to be able to provide you with an update on our progress in transforming the Memorial from a concept into reality. And although we’ve encountered some challenges along the way, I think all of you, especially in light of the last few weeks of focus on the National Debt, instinctively know that getting anything done in our Nation’s Capital takes time, a lot of patience, and most importantly, perseverance.
I’ve heard your National Adjutant remark that thinking about all the agencies, commissions, and laws in Washington that we’ve had to deal with – their acronyms -the CWA, CFA, NCPC, NPS, DOT, NCMC, AOC, DDOT – sent him to bed thinking about alphabet soup. For me it’s more like playing Scrabble but you don’t know your score until the game’s over.
I’d like to give you a brief recap of where we’ve been and how far we’ve traveled –