Wednesday, August 24, 2016


 Parents Fuming over Pledge of Allegiance “Waiver”

“I was immediately shocked by it,” Mr. Brienen, of Bonita Springs, Florida, told me. “I thought it was a fake.”

But the text message was not a fake – it was the real deal.

It was a Pledge of Allegiance waiver from his niece’s public school in Tallahassee:

“I understand my rights as a parent and I request that my child, noted above, be excused from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. This request includes standing and placing his/her right hand over his/her heart.”

His sister-in-law returned the form to the school with the following message: “This is the dumbest thing I have ever read and I am so ashamed of this.”

Now Mr. Brienen is not one to post political stuff on his social networking pages – but when he saw the Pledge of Allegiance waiver – he could not resist.

4 comments:

  1. Florida Republican Governor Rick Scott signed the law into existence mandating that "opt out" option. Stop voting in these anti American republicans if you don't like these policies. That's just what you needed, more laws. When will you realize that your party is the one that's creating all these policies/laws that you are against?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER supported Rick Scott...I supported, volunteered, and voted for his opposition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your own words on your own blog sure make it seem like you supported him...

    http://thepatriotfactor.blogspot.com/2012/06/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none_13.html#comment-form

    http://thepatriotfactor.blogspot.com/2012/07/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none_03.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGAIN...I was NOT a supporter of Rick Scott. I voted for him over the Democrat (I am a Republican) of course but did NOT campaign for him or endorse him...period. But that does NOT mean that he didn't do some good things...it's the sum of all the parts that gives the final picture and his sellout of the Port Canaveral container contract to a muslim country based in the Middle East was a complete and utter disgrace. P.S. when I said I supported, volunteered, and voted for his opposition I meant during the primaries...that should have been obvious.

      Delete