Monday, April 24, 2017

NEVER FORGET!                                                              By: Diane Sori / The Patriot Factor         

Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Hashoah Ve-Hagevurah)...a day to remember a time when the world looked away. And know it is happening again and not just against the Jewish people this time for now the world looks away to the plight of Christians as well. And so on this most solemn of days I leave you with these words... words that are just NOT simple words per se but words that speak 'truth.'

First They Came for the Jews
by Pastor Martin Niemöller 1945

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and
I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't
speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up
because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment