RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS...for those who missed last night's show (or just want to listen in again) where Craig Andresen and Diane Sori discussed 'Venezuela...A 'Hostile Act' in the Making?'; 'Navratilova Serves an Ace Against Transgender Athletes'; and important news of the day...you can listen to it (and previous shows) at your convenience on our PodBean hosting/archive site. Click here: https://rightsidepatriots.podbean.com/ to go directly to our podcasts and hope you become 'followers' of RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS. And our podcasts are now also on Spotify at: https://tinyurl.com/y76xxz8q
Contact Elected Officials
- Why This Blog
- Islam is NOT a Religion
- Investigative Reports
- Contact Elected Officials
- The United West
- The Geller Report
- Reuters / RRS U.S. News
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS Website and Live Radio Link
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS PodBean Podcasts
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS on Facebook / MeWe / YouTube / Spotify
Saturday, March 2, 2019
Pence Promises CPAC On Border Wall: 'Before We’re Done, We’re Going to Build It All'
“Before we’re done, we’re going to build it all," Pence said. CPAC attendees stood up cheering and chanted "Build that wall."
Pence responded to the patriotic crowd, "oh we’re building it.”
Pence said that the Democrats are trying to stop the president from using national security powers, "that the congress gave him," to secure funding for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He called for congress to stand with Trump in his decision.
Responses were mixed among the attendees. some applauded while others booed.
"Stop playing politics with the security of the American people,” Pence said, addressing congress.
(1) The bill "doesn’t include a price tag or specific proposals for financing the new system, which analysts estimate would cost tens of trillions of dollars over a decade." The lead sponsor of the bill says her crew will release a list of "suggested funding mechanisms" at some point in the future. One of these mechanisms, we're told, is "a tax on high earners." If you've been following this debate, you're well aware that targeted taxes on 'the rich' would be woefully insufficient in raising even a fraction of the expected cost. Enormous tax hikes on all Americans would be necessary. This math is not seriously disputed.
And given the comprehensiveness of the proposed 'benefits' in this bill (it goes even farther than Bernie Sanders' Senate version), some experts are already estimating that its price tag (which, again, is missing entirely from the legislation) could be on the order of $40 trillion over its first ten years. This would require roughly doubling the entire federal budget, which already runs a significant annual deficit. It's possible that they believe this plan to be "battle ready" because it hides the ball on cost, allowing proponents to mumble about hazy "investments" instead of confronting real numbers.