Coronavirus / COVID-19
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
As The Washington Establishment Memorialized John McCain By Hating On A Sitting President, Donald Trump Got The Last Laugh
“[John] McCain’s funeral seems to be shaping up as the Washington Establishment’s response to Trump. Wonder if it’ll have a lasting impact.”
So wrote Wall Street Journal correspondent David Wessel on Saturday morning, reacting to the fact that the late Senator’s funeral rites seemed to be essentially about “two things” - as political comedian Tim Young put it via Twitter - “Remembering Sen. McCain and hating on Trump.”
“From the reporting on it, it seems the latter was sadly more important than anything else,” continued Young.
“There has never been quite such a spectacle against a sitting president,” tweeted Financial Times columnist Edward Luce.
“Watching the endless, days on end, 24/7 coverage of the moving memorials and ceremonies for American hero John McCain, realizing that if he were a strong Trump supporter, this would only get a 90 second piece once every few hours and very few celebrities in the crowd,” tweeted radio host Mark Simone.
Germany: Thousands protest on behalf of the victims of “killer migrants”
By Christine Douglass-Williams / Jihad Watch
Thousands of protesters staged a ‘mourning march’ in Chemnitz for people believed to have been killed by migrants, following the fatal stabbing of Daniel Hillig. Kudos to the thousands who attended this march, and to “the anti-mass migration Alternative for Germany (AfD) party and the PEGIDA movement” for remembering and caring about the true victims of […]
Read in browser »
The left-wing radical Andrew Gillum has opened a 5-point lead against Rep. Ron DeSantis. Gillum also raised a staggering two million dollars, 48 hours after his nomination victory. Not bad for a socialist whom many Republicans dismiss as unelectable.
Congressman DeSantis is correct. The race for Florida Governor has significant national implications. If DeSantis is unable to defeat Andrew Gillum to become Florida’s next Governor, it could be very costly for President Trump in 2020. It would also be very costly for any future Republican candidate for President or Florida Governor.
A Governor Andrew Gillum would undoubtedly try to turn Florida into California. Like California Governor Jerry Brown, a Governor Gillum will have no semblance of boarder control. A Governor Gillum will also be completely hostile to ICE. A Governor Gillum will try to change the Florida electorate, in an attempt to make the Democrat Party dominant in the state.
Read entire article here: https://gellerreport.com/2018/09/rep-desantis-says-florida-gubernatorial-race-is-huge-in-national-politics.html/
Developing now, Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- The confirmation hearings for President Trump's Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh are set to begin Tuesday, and a bitter, highly partisan war over a potential rightward shift in the high court is expected
- Parts of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are on alert as Tropical Storm Gordon pummeled South Florida Monday and could strengthen into a hurricane when it hits the Gulf Coast on Tuesday
- President Trump accused Attorney General Jeff Sessions of jeopardizing Republicans' chances in the November midterms because of Justice Department investigations against two Republican congressmen
- NBC News chairman Andy Lack defended his network's handling of Ronan Farrow's exposé of the sexual misconduct allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein in a memo to employees Monday
- Nike is under fire for selecting controversial former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick as one of the faces of the 30th anniversary of its 'Just Do It' campaign.
- Voters in Massachusetts will go to the polls Tuesday to decide candidates in gubernatorial, congressional and Senate races