Contact Elected Officials
- Why This Blog
- Islam is NOT a Religion
- Investigative Reports
- Contact Elected Officials
- The United West
- The Geller Report
- Reuters / RRS U.S. News
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS Website and Live Radio Link
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS PodBean Podcasts
- RIGHT SIDE PATRIOTS on Facebook / MeWe / YouTube / Spotify
Friday, October 29, 2021
Afghanistan parked billions of dollars in assets overseas with the U.S. Federal Reserve and other central banks in Europe, but that money has been frozen since the Islamist Taliban ousted the Western-backed government in August.
A spokesman for the finance ministry said the government would respect human rights, including the education of women, as he sought fresh funds on top of humanitarian aid that he said offered only "small relief".
Under Taliban rule from 1996-2001, women were largely shut out of paid employment and education and normally had to cover their faces and be accompanied by a male relative when they left home.
- Caregiving: Universal pre-school; child-care; elder care and care for people with disabilities; expanded child tax credit
- Energy and Climate Change: Clean energy tax credits and procurements; resilience investments for dealing with extreme weather; incentives for clean energy
- Healthcare: Affordable Care Act tax credits; Medicare coverage of hearing
- Other Middle Class Boosts: Investments in housing; investments in post-high school education and workforce training; earned income tax credit for workers without children; and "equity."
Of course, there were programs not mentioned in the framework or mentioned by just the bare minimum. Read more and see tweets and video here.