Friday, May 22, 2026

Iran says no deal reached yet with US as Trump keeps military option on hold
Iran said Thursday that no agreement had been reached yet with the U.S. despite narrowing gaps in negotiations over President Donald Trump’s latest peace proposal.
Anders Hagstrom and Emma Bussey / FOX NEWS 

No deal had been reached with the U.S. as of Thursday, a senior Iranian source told Reuters, while also claiming gaps had narrowed.

Iran has been reviewing the latest peace proposal from President Donald Trump as he warned that further military action remains on the table.

The outlet also reported Iran’s uranium enrichment and Tehran’s control over the Strait of Hormuz continued to be among the sticking points.

This came as a member of Iran’s Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Committee told state TV that Tehran could act first to break the ceasefire if it believed a U.S. base was preparing an attack.

Fadahossein Maleki, a member of Iran’s Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, told state TV, “Anything is possible.”

“It could even come from Iran’s side, frankly. If we feel that something is happening from a U.S. base, Iran has the legitimacy to respond and prevent it,” he said, according to Iran InternationalRead more here, with updates as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment