2) Trump consistently loses to Hillary Clinton in head-to-head polls: Given that so many people know Trump and already dislike him, it’s hard to understand why anyone thinks he’ll win in November. That’s especially true since the public already knows both him and Hillary Clinton well and he consistently loses to her in head-to-head match-ups.Hillary has 20 wins, 4 losses and 1 tie against Trump over the last 25 polls.Those numbers are more likely to get worse than get better.
3) Huge Republican defections are possible: Trump’s toxic, he’s not a conservative and he has personally insulted an enormous number of people on the Right. There will be more Republicans who won’t vote for him than for any other Republican nominee in recent history. In fact, it wouldn’t be a shock if there are significant numbers of prominent Republicans who back a third party candidate or otherwise try to deliberately undermine his campaign.
4) He won’t be financially competitive in a general election: Hillary Clinton and the Super PACs supporting her will probably spend north of 2.5 billion dollars against Donald Trump. Trump has no Super Pacs and has made not taking money from big donors a centerpiece of his campaign. If you take away the value of his name, Trump would probably have to liquidate his entire fortune to compete financially with Hillary. Even if that were possible, which it’s not, Trump has been very reluctant to spend his money. He even admits that he doesn’t know how he’d fund his campaign in a general election.
5) Trump’s strategy is entirely dependent on the mainstream media: Liberals in the mainstream media have been giving Trump a free ride because they think he’ll be easy to beat in the general election. The day he becomes the nominee, they’ll turn on him just like they did with John McCain and he’ll face hostile treatment in every media venue. The moment that happens, Trump’s core campaign strategy will no longer work.
6) He makes gaffes: He’s the single most gaffe prone candidate in history. He says something dumb enough to end a normal candidate’s campaign every other week. Not only will his gaffes be used against him in a general election, he’ll regularly make more because that’s just what he does. Not only will that hurt his campaign for President, it will help wash out other GOP candidates who will regularly be forced to respond to the latest stupid thing he’s said.
7) He claimed George W. Bush lied about WMDS: Trump is indistinguishable from Michael Moore and Code Pink on the war in Iraq. Trump said Bush was the worst President in history, said he should have been impeached and claimed that he lied about WMDs to trick Americans into going to war.
8) He’s a conspiracy theorist: Before he started falsely claiming Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio weren’t eligible to be President, Trump was a birther who was publicly claiming Obama’s birth certificate was a fraud.
9) He’s way too comfy with the white supremacist movement: He has knowingly retweeted a white supremacist; by one count 62% of the people Trump retweets are white nationalists and there are now even white supremacist robocalls for Trump. It’s also not a shocker that David Duke is publicly supporting him by saying, “Voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage.”
10)Trump’s spokeswoman Katrina Pierson has said some really kooky things: Pierson bemoaned the fact that America is too reluctant to use nuclear weapons when she said, “What good does it do to have a good nuclear triad if you’re afraid to use it?” She also tweeted out this creepy in an Aryan sort of way stupidity: “Perfect Obama's dad born in Africa, Mitt Romney's dad born in Mexico. Any pure breeds left?” She has also said the GOP is racist and has taken gratuitous swipes at Christians in general and Catholics in particular. There’s nobody you want as a nominee for anything who has someone like this as his spokesperson.
11) A man as thin skinned and vengeful as Trump can’t be trusted as President: Trump has written whole chapters of books that discuss how important it is to get revenge on people who cross him. If you trust a man who thinks like that with the FBI, DOJ, DHS, our military and the IRS, then you are either foolish or you just assume he won’t go after you and don’t care if he abuses his office to go after other people.
12) He’s a drama queen: One day he’s getting in a fight with Megyn Kelly; the next day he’s saying Carly Fiorina is ugly and the next thing you know, he has a back and forth going with the Pope. Trump’s like a five year old who will pull the cat’s tail, throw a ball through the window or curse in front of company as long it gets people looking at him. Good attention, bad attention, he doesn’t care. The same traits that make Donald Trump great on reality TV would make him temperamentally unfit to be President.
13) Trump is caught up in ongoing fraud trials over “Trump University:” There are two class action suits against Trump in California and the New York Attorney General has also filed suit against Trump over Trump University. One of the trials is scheduled to happen in August. So, right as the presidential campaign goes into full swing, the news will be full of stories about Trump and fraud.
14) Trump has extensive ties to the mob: According to a book written about him, “Throughout his adult life, Donald Trump has done business with major organized-crime figures and performed favors for their associates."
15) Trump was publicly supporting amnesty in 2013: Back when the gang of 8 amnesty bill was being discussed by Congress, Donald Trump who claims he’ll be tougher than anyone on illegal immigration was publicly calling for amnesty for illegal aliens.
16) Trump still supports citizenship for illegal aliens: Despite the fact that Trump is supposed to be tougher than anyone else on immigration, he’s in favor of rewarding many illegal aliens with American citizenship after they touch back in their home countries.
17) Trump doesn’t even make his OWN products in America: Trump claims he’s going to be tough on companies that move jobs overseas, but his own products are made in China and Mexico. Do people really think he’s going to crack down on his own businesses?
18) Trump’s country club in Florida rejects American workers for foreign labor: Donald Trump talks a good game about looking out for American workers, but in practice he has his products made overseas and he hires foreigners over Americans here in the states.
Donald J. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., describes itself as “one of the most highly regarded private clubs in the world,” and it is not just the very-well-to-do who want to get in.
Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied or been referred for jobs as waiters, waitresses, cooks and housekeepers there. But according to federal records, only 17 have been hired.
In all but a handful of cases, Mar-a-Lago sought to fill the jobs with hundreds of foreign guest workers from Romania and other countries.
19) Trump loves Planned Parenthood:Although he claims to be pro-life, Donald Trump has repeatedly praised the baby-killing, baby-part-selling butchers at Planned Parenthood.After being criticized harshly for refusing to cut off funding for the organization, Trump now mixes praise of the organization with unbelievable claims that he will cut off its funding. Even Planned Parenthood doesn’t believe Trump will hurt them because the organization’s CEO Cecile Richards said she appreciated Trump’s“kind words.”
20) Trump can’t be trusted to pick a Supreme Court Justice: A non-conservative who has kind words for Planned Parenthood and who thought his radical, pro-abortion sister would make a great justice if she wasn’t related to him is not someone you want picking a replacement for Antonin Scalia.
21) Donald Trump is largely indistinguishable from Bernie Sanders on health care: If Trump were to somehow become President, Republicans would have to root for Obamacare to stay in place because what Trump wants to do is worse. Trump has been advocating government-controlled single payer health care for over 15 years. Trump is so ignorant about health care that he’s unable to discuss the subject intelligently, but even as he denies that he still wants single payer health care, he says that everyone is going to be covered and the government will pay for it. If you thought there couldn’t possibly be a bigger liar on health care than Barack Obama, then meet Donald Trump.
22) Eminent domain: Not only is Donald Trump in favor of having the government use the power of eminent domain to take property from private owners so it can be given to fatcats like him, he tried to use eminent domain to take a widow’s home away from her so it could be used as a limo parking lot. If you think Donald Trump is for the little guy, you’re a sucker.
23) Trump is making it clear he will undermine Israel: Here’s Trump on the conflict between the pro-American Israelis and the anti-American, genocidal, pro-terrorist Palestinians, "I don't want to get into it for a different reason, Joe, because if I do win, there has to be a certain amount of surprise, unpredictability. Let me be sort of a neutral guy, let's see what -- I'm going to give it a shot. It would be so great." Since when do conservatives back a President who doesn’t support Israel?
24) Trump isn’t a conservative and has no consistent ideological values: Trump has switched political parties 5 times in his life, was endorsing Democrats three years ago and his positions on the issues sometimes change week to week.
25) Trump was endorsing Democrats just three years ago: Michael Bloomberg is the foremost advocate of gun control in the United States and Bill De Blasio is an open Marxist. Yet, here’s what Trump was saying about them three years ago.
"(Michael Bloomberg is) a friend of mine. He's been anexcellent mayor of New York City. He's a great guy and he means very well." (2013)
“I think pretty strongly that(Bill de Blasio will) end up being a good mayor, maybe a very good mayorand I don’t think he’s going to want to kill the golden goose. ...I think he’s a smart guy that knows what’s going on really big league and I think he is not going to want to destroy New York. I think he is going to want to make New York great.” (2013)
26) He’s a Clinton Foundation donor: As was noted in the debate on Thursday night, it would be hard for Trump to make an issue of all the sleazy things that the Clinton Foundation was doing when he was one of its donors.
27) Trump has publicly talked about how wonderful Hillary Clinton is on multiple occasions:
"(Hillary Clinton is) very talented, very smart.She's a friend of mine, so I'm a little prejudiced." (2007)
“Hillary’s always surrounded herself with very good people. I think Hillary would do a good job.”
"I know Hillary andI think she’d make a great president or vice-president." – 2008
Not only would these quotes help Hillary in an election, Trump’s shtick is always that he may have no idea what he’s talking about, but he’ll choose good people.
28) He has the thumbs up from Jimmy Carter: “I think I would choose Trump, which may surprise some of you. The reason is, Trump has proven already he’s completely malleable. I don’t think he has any fixed (positions) he’d go the White House and fight for. On the other hand, Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far-right wing policies he’d pursue if he became president.” – Jimmy Carter on whom he’d like to see as the Republican nominee
29) Donald Trump has been a big supporter of the Democrat Party: Among the many, manyDemocrats Donald Trump has donated to are Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, Anthony Weiner, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Walter Mondale. Trump even donated the maximum to Jimmy Carter when he ran against Ronald Reagan.
30) He doesn’t know anything about policy: I don’t know if it’s because he’s lazy, not interested in policy or just because he’s old and has difficulty learning new things, but Trump doesn’t know anything more than the most basic facts about any issue. He literally does not understand immigration, healthcare or foreign policy on anything more than the most superficial level. Trump would never hire a guy who doesn’t know what he is talking about to run one of his construction sites; so why should Americans hire a guy who’s completely ignorant of policy to be President?
31) Trump is a too old to be running for President: If he somehow wins, Donald Trump will be 70 years old when he takes office. That would make him the oldest man ever to be elected to the White House for the first time.
32) Trump has many failed business ventures: Trump gives people the impression that he always wins. Certainly he has had a lot of success, but he also failed over and over again in ventures he knows little about just like he will if he’s the GOP’s nominee. It will be one more failed business venture like Trump steaks, Trump Vodka, Trump the Game, Trump Magazine, Trump Mortgage, Trump Airlines, Trump University, Trump Casinos and the New Jersey Generals.
33) Trump mocked prisoners of war: I don’t much care for John McCain, but Trump didn’t just insult McCain, he mocked every American prisoner of war when he said,“(John McCain is) not a war hero…. He’s a war hero because he was captured.I like people that weren’t captured.” There were a lot of American war heroes who served honorably and were captured. They shouldn’t be laughed at by a man who never even served in the military.
34) Donald Trump makes fun of the handicapped: What sort of man mocks people for being handicapped? Trump has done it at least twice. He made fun of Charles Krauthammer, who’s paralyzed, by saying, "I get called by a guy thatcan't buy a pair of pants, I get called names?" Trump also mocked the appearance of a New York Times reporter with a congenital joint condition. You’d be ashamed of your own child if he behaved this way; so how can you vote for a man like this?
35) Donald Trump would be the first President to have made money off of a strip club: Are you really going to be proud to tell your kids that you’re backing a guy who made money off of casinos and a strip club for President?
36) Trump cheated on his wife: Not only did cheat Trump on his wife, he BRAGGED about sleeping with married women in one of his books.
37) He’s made creepy comments about dating his daughter: Sorry, but this is just a gross, weird and completely inappropriate comment to make about your own child, “I don’t think Ivanka would do that [pose for Playboy], although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.” Incidentally, he’s said things like this more than once.
38) Trump’s a phony Christian: There’s no such thing as an unrepentant adulterer who doesn’t ask God for forgiveness who also happens to be a Christian. Trump is so unfamiliar with the church that he doesn’t even know what an offering plate looks like.
39) Trump is a misogynist: Not only has Donald Trump said a lot of gross things about women in general, he also said, “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” Hillary is going to accuse whoever the Republican nominee is of being sexist. If Trump’s the nominee, it will be true.
40) Last but not least, Trump’s an even more perfect example of narcissistic personality disorder than Barack Obama: I’ll just leave this description here so you can make your own judgment.
An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:
Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion
Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply)
Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends
Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her
Arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted