Shock Image Shows Unprotected Workers Cleaning up ‘Ebola Vomit’ in Dallas
News chopper captures astounding lack of precaution
The photograph shows a cleaning crew wearing no protective clothing or face masks whatsoever as they appear to be pressure washing the sidewalk in the general area where Duncan vomited.
“His whole family was screaming. He got outside and he was throwing up all over the place,” resident Mesud Osmanovic told NBC News.
The incident was witnessed two days after Duncan had already been turned away by the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.
Given the fact that Ebola spreads through contact with bodily fluids, the lack of protective gear and the carefree way the workers appear to be cleaning up the area where Duncan vomited is astounding.
Several health experts have also expressed concerns that Ebola could have gone airborne, at least to a limited extent.
As we reported earlier today, professors at the University of Illinois have warned that US health professionals currently tackling Ebola are being put at risk because of the failure to offer them proper “respiratory protection,” making reference to hundreds of fatalities of Ebola health workers in West Africa due to facemasks or surgical masks which offer “very minimal protection from infectious aerosol particles.”