Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here's what you need to know as you start your day ...
Trump to sign executive order temporarily suspending immigration into US amid coronavirus pandemic
President Trump announced late Monday he will soon sign an executive order "to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States," in what appeared to be a drastic escalation of his efforts to fight the coronavirus pandemic and boost the economy.
"In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!" the president tweeted.
Other related developments:
- To get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox, sign up here.
- Click here for Fox News' full coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
- Massachusetts seen as a new coronavirus hot spot as cases surge
The governors of Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina on Monday afternoon announced new plans to bring their states' economies closer to full force amid signs the coronavirus outbreak is slowing.
Other coronavirus developments:
- Mich. doctor leading nation's largest antibody test expects first results in 'about a month'
- Chile to debut world's first 'immunity passports' for coronavirus: report
- Coronavirus in the US: State-by-state breakdown
run out of money in just a few days.
Banks have been warning customers that are qualified for a loan that not every business will receive one, Politico reported. Banking representatives told the website that for the package to have any significant effect on demand, it would have to approach $1 trillion. Richard Hunt, the president of the Consumer Bankers Association, told Politico that the new funds would be gone “at most” in 72 hours.
- With oil below zero, Trump to create Strategic Petroleum Reserve historic buying opportunity
- New York county residents sue WHO over coronavirus response: report
- CNN's Don Lemon rips stay-at-home protesters
- Coronavirus: What you need to know
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
America Together: Send us your photos and we'll tell your story as the nation battles coronavirus.
Kim Jong Un recovering after cardiovascular procedure, South Korean media says.
Trump video mocking Obama's Biden endorsement outpaces viewership of Obama address within hours.
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS
Oil prices are negative, but prices at the pump won't follow.
CDC says coronavirus prompts rise in calls to poison centers.
As coronavirus forces colleges to close, students sue for refunds.
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on "This Day in History."
SOME PARTING WORDS
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you're missing.